Mikrosistemler Tasarım ve İmalat Merkezi
Etkinlikler:Micro System Design and Manufacturing Center
Manufacturing high value added parts - especially in biomedical, electronics, and defense industries - has become a crucial component of many countries' economies. As a result, the development of micro manufacturing technologies and the manufacturing of precision micro scale parts have attracted significant attention among researchers academia and industry over the past 15 years. Optical lithography based techniques have been used to manufacture micro scale parts for a long time. These techniques are economically feasible when large number of micro scale parts are produced from silicone based materials. However, current demand requires low batch sizes and parts made from engineering materials (metals, polymers, etc). In order to be able to answer this demand, micro machining techniques have been developed in order to machine parts with three dimensional micro features on a wide range of engineering materials either by using mechanical micro machining using cutting tools with defined or undefined cutting edges or by using energy based techniques such as laser micro machining and electro-discharge machining.
Micro System Design and Manufacturing Center employs state of the art manufacturing facilities capable of production and measurement of micro parts. For a list of available equipment and specifications, please click here.
- Valizadeh, I., Steinmann, P., Javili, A. (2018). "Growth-induced instabilities of an elastic film on a viscoelastic substrate: Analytical solution and computational approach via eigenvalue analysis", Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures, v.13(4) p.571-585
- Karpat, Y., Oliaei, S.N. (2016). "Influence of tool wear on machining forces and tool deflections during micro milling", The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, v.84 p.1963-1980
- Karpat, Y., Oliaei, S.N. (2016). "Investigating the influence of built-up edge on forces and surface roughness in micro scale orthogonal machining of titanium alloy Ti6Al4V", Journal of Materials Processing Technology, v.235 p.28-40
- Karpat, Y., Değer, B., Bahtiyar, O., Kaftanoğlu, B. (2014). "A Mechanistic Approach to Investigate Drilling of UD-CFRP Laminates with PCD Drills", CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, v.63
- Karpat, Y., Oliaei, S.N. (2016). "Fabrication of PCD Mechanical Planarization Tools by Using μ-Wire Electrical Discharge Machining", Procedia CIRP, v.42 p.311-316