EARLY DIAGNOSIS OF COLORECTAL CANCER WITH NANOMECHANICAL SYSTEMS
Devam Eden Proje
TÜBİTAK 1003 Öncelikli Alanlar
Start Date: July 1st, 2014
Expected Completion Date: July 1st, 2016
This project aims to develop a low-cost, rapid, and widely available analytical device for early detection of colorectal cancer. The principle of this device is based on the analysis of organic compounds found in human breath to determine whether the person has cancer.
Within the scope of the project, it is aimed to develop a device and analysis method based on nano-electromechanical system (NEMS). The focus will be on volatile organic markers specific to colorectal cancer obtained from recent breath analysis studies. The amount of these markers will be measured with high precision by the NEMS device-array. Each NEMS sensor in this array of devices will be coated with a different chemical-sensitive polymer. Each organic compound in human breath - and cancer-specific markers between them - will create a multidimensional fingerprint in the polymer-coated NEMS array. The project aims to detect cancer markers in a gas mixture sample using advanced data analysis techniques using these characteristic fingerprints.
- M Yuksel, E Orhan, C Yanik, AB Ari, A Demir, MS Hanay (2019). "Nonlinear Nanomechanical Mass Spectrometry at the Single-Nanoparticle Level", Nano Letters, v.19 p.3583-3589, Full Text, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.9b00546
- AB Ari, CM Karakan, C Yanık, II Kaya, MS Hanay (2018). "Intermodal Coupling as a Probe for Nanomechanical Modes", Physical Review Applied, v.9(034024), Full Text, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevApplied.9.034024
- M Kelleci, H Aydogmus, L Aslanbas, SO Erbil, MS Hanay (2018). "Towards Microwave Imaging of Cells", Lab on a Chip, v.18(463), Full Text, DOI: 10.1039/C7LC01251A
- JE Sader, MS Hanay, AP Neumann, ML Roukes (2018). "Mass Spectrometry Using Nanomechanical Systems: Beyond the Point-Mass Approximation", Nano Letters, v.18 p.1608-1614, Full Text, DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.7b04301
- MN Esfahani, Y. Kilinc, Y., MC Karakan, E Orhan, MS Hanay, Y Leblebici, BE Alaca (2018). "Piezoresistive Silicon Nanowire Resonators as Embedded Building Blocks in Thick SOI", Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, v.28(045006)
- A Demir and MS Hanay (2018). "Numerical Analysis of Multi-Domain Systems: Coupled Nonlinear PDEs & DAEs with Noise", IEEE Transactions on CAD, v.37(7)
- T Kouh, MS Hanay, KL Ekinci (2017). "Nanomechanical Motion Transducers for Miniaturized Mechanical Systems", Micromachines, v.8(4) p.108
- Eric Sage,, Ariel Brenac,, Thomas Alava,, Robert Morel,, Cecilia Dupre,, Selim Hanay,, Michael L. Roukes,, Laurent Duraffourg,, Christophe Masselon,, Sébastien Hentz (2015). "Neutral particle mass spectrometry with nanomechanical systems", Nature Communications, v.6(6482), Full Text
- Nyffeler, C., Hanay, S., Sacchetto, D., Leblebici, Y. (2015). "Graphene field effect devices operating in differential circuit configuration", Microelectronic Engineering, Full Text, DOI: https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0167931715001252
- Hanay, S., Kelber, S.I., O'Connell, C.D., Mulvaney, P., Sader, J.E., Roukes, M.L. (2015). "Inertial Imaging with Nanomechanical Systems", Nature Nanotechnology, Full Text, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1038/nnano.2015.32
- Hanay, S., Kelber, S., Naik, A., Chi, D., Hentz, S., Bullard, C., Colinet, E., Duraffourg, L., Roukes, M. (2012). "Single-Protein Nanomechanical Mass Spectrometry in Real Time", Nature Nanotechnology, v.7 p.602, Full Text
- Naik, A., Hanay, S., Hiebert, W., Feng, X., Roukes, M. (2009). "Towards Single-Molecule Nanomechanical Mass Spectrometry", Nature Nanotechnology, v.4 p.445, Full Text
- Roukes, M., Hanay, S., Kelber, S., Naik, A.. "Single-Protein Nanomechanical Mass Spectrometry in Real Time (US Patent Application filed on 9 May 2013, CIT-6192-P, 2012)"
- Roukes, M., Naik, A., Hanay, S.. "Single Molecule Mass Spectrometry Enabled by Nanoelectromechanical Systems (NEMS-MS), US Patent # 8,227,747"