PROFILING WITH NANOELECTROMECHANICAL SYSTEMS
Devam Eden Proje
Marie Curie Career Integration Grant
Marie Curie Kariyer Entegrasyon Fonu
Start Date: March 1st, 2014
Expected Completion Date: March 1st, 2018
Nano-electromechanical Systems (NEMS) are extremely sensitive detectors of physical parameters. In recent years, the applications of NEMS in mass sensing has been gaining importance through demonstrations of mass sensitivities at the single atom levels and mass measurements of single protein molecules. These demonstrations show that is possible to perform sample analysis through NEMS mass measurements (NEMS Mass Spectrometry) especially for physiologically important large molecules and biostructures. However the NEMS literature so far have always treated these large molecules as “point-particles”. Considering the miniaturization trend of NEMS and targeted large molecules, this assumption is no more valid.The project will be the first step for the development of a novel, powerful NEMS sensing tool.
- Eric Sage,, Ariel Brenac,, Thomas Alava,, Robert Morel,, Cecilia Dupre,, Selim Hanay,, Michael L. Roukes,, Laurent Duraffourg,, Christophe Masselon,, Sébastien Hentz (2015). "Neutral particle mass spectrometry with nanomechanical systems", Nature Communications, v.6(6482), Full Text
- Nyffeler, C., Hanay, S., Sacchetto, D., Leblebici, Y. (2015). "Graphene field effect devices operating in differential circuit configuration", Microelectronic Engineering, Full Text, DOI: https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0167931715001252
- Hanay, S., Kelber, S.I., O'Connell, C.D., Mulvaney, P., Sader, J.E., Roukes, M.L. (2015). "Inertial Imaging with Nanomechanical Systems", Nature Nanotechnology, Full Text, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1038/nnano.2015.32
- Hanay, S., Kelber, S., Naik, A., Chi, D., Hentz, S., Bullard, C., Colinet, E., Duraffourg, L., Roukes, M. (2012). "Single-Protein Nanomechanical Mass Spectrometry in Real Time", Nature Nanotechnology, v.7 p.602, Full Text
- Naik, A., Hanay, S., Hiebert, W., Feng, X., Roukes, M. (2009). "Towards Single-Molecule Nanomechanical Mass Spectrometry", Nature Nanotechnology, v.4 p.445, Full Text
- Roukes, M., Hanay, S., Kelber, S., Naik, A.. "Single-Protein Nanomechanical Mass Spectrometry in Real Time (US Patent Application filed on 9 May 2013, CIT-6192-P, 2012)"
- Roukes, M., Naik, A., Hanay, S.. "Single Molecule Mass Spectrometry Enabled by Nanoelectromechanical Systems (NEMS-MS), US Patent # 8,227,747"